Get ready to craft a Saint Patrick’s Day rainbow pinata DIY right in time before the holiday strikes on March 17.
Maybe it won’t strike but it will definitely take place.
Okay, you get the point…
As most of you know I usually don’t post on the weekend but I decided to skip yesterdays Ready for the Weekend post in order to show how to make a rainbow pinata today.
Craft is now in session:
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Trace then cut out two shapes of a rainbow out of your cardboard.
2. Next, gather two long rectangular stripes of cardboard to fit around the edges of your rainbow.
3. Now place those stripes of cardboard along the edge of your rainbow and securely tape the stripes to the edges. Repeat until you have completed the entire rainbow. Make sure to cut a hole at the top or bottom of your rainbow to stuff your candy inside.
4. Label your rainbow in the colors you would like to place on your rainbow. From bottom to top I used purple, blue, green, yellow, pink,and red.
5. Gather your pieces of crepe paper into rectangular stripes. Cut about 75% of the way up along the edges making sure not to cut all the way through.
5. Glue your crepe paper onto your rainbow and allow it to dry before adding another layer.
And it’s really that simple.
NOW START SWINGING AWAY!