I can easily remember the moment I first tried today’s dish and instantly fell in love with the sweet and savory mix of flavors.
I was hanging out at a friends house, when it was time for dinner. I wasn’t really expecting to stay for dinner that night, but as they all say time flies when your having a good time. And boy did I have a good time especially after eating dinner, haah.
One of the first meals we had that day was this savory bacon, apple and egg salad. I had always been a fan of balsamic and olive oil in my salad topped with a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese. So you can only imagine how amazing I thought this dish was because it was do different than what I was used to.
It incorporated crisp bacon which was chopped into perfect bite-size pieces. Had a slight sweet flavor which was enhanced by the apple, and everything just came together in beautiful harmony with the chopped hard boiled eggs in a ranch dressing.
So if you’re like me and tend to have a salad staple, why not try stepping outside your comfort zone and eat something new like this incredible savory bacon, apple, and egg salad. Time to prepare your stomach’s for an incredible salad recipe.
- 3-4 Slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- Ranch dressing
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- Optional: Cheddar Cheese
- Cook bacon according to package directions. If you prefer more crispy bacon cook for a few minutes longer.
- Wash and prep the rest of your salad items. Chop up your head of romaine lettuce and place inside a large bowl.
- Gather a cutting board, chop your bacon, eggs, and apple and place inside your large bowl with lettuce.
- Top your salad with some ranch dressing and enjoy. If you want, you can also sprinkle on some cheddar cheese on top.